We believe that the people we support should have a say in who supports them.
We have worked in partnership with the people we support to develop an Inclusive Recruitment Toolkit. The toolkit is a step by step guide to be used by staff and the people who receive support.
The aim is that nobody is recruited to the organisation without some input from the individuals receiving support.
Did you know that all recruitment requires evidence that the person requiring support was involved?
Here are just some of the ways we inclusively recruit:
- We provide a toolkit to the people we support and employees
- We support involvement in writing a service-specific advert
- We involve our service users in shortlisting candidates
- We assist with a selection of questions they want to ask
- We enable them to ask questions in the formal interview process
- We give people the opportunity to notify the successful candidate