Privacy Notice – People We Support
Lifeways Group understand that the privacy and security of your information is important. This notice is to inform you what information we hold about you and why, what we do with that information, and informs you of your rights regarding the personal information we hold under current data protection law.
Who we are
Lifeways group provide a number of care services, in various settings from registered care homes to support in a person’s own home or in community locations.
Lifeways Group, registered at 56 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0AS is the Data Controller of the information covered by this privacy notice.
What information we hold and why
Before we can provide you with a service we are required to complete an assessment to identify what your support needs are, and whether we are able to meet them. We also need to consider if there will be any risks for you, or our staff when we are providing a service. We will only ask you for information that we need in order to provide you with a service which can meet your needs and ensure your safety and well-being.
The personal information we collect and use for people we support can include (depending on the agreed support package):
- Your name, date of birth, postal address, gender, ethnic origin, religion, NI number, NHS number;
- Details of legal representative e.g. LPA, Court of Protection;
- Details of treatment orders (under Mental Health Act) e.g. Community Treatment Orders, Section 117;
- Details of any health conditions, functional ability in self-care and ability to keep safe at home or out in the community;
- Details of any risks to the safety and wellbeing of the person we support;
- Details of any risks to our staff or other people;
- Details of medication;
- Details around management of finances, including bank details (where we acting as appointee);
- Information needed for compliance and risk management, such as support files, medical records, GP information, next of kin, risk assessments;
- CCTV images for security purposes and investigations; and
- Photographs to aid identification before giving medicines and include in support plans to demonstrate care requirements.
We may also collect the following personal information on contacts related to each person we support such as next of kin, parent and guardian, in order to provide a service. This personal information may include:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number;
- Any other information relating to the relationship to the service user.
The personal information outlined above is processed in the legitimate interests of Lifeways as an organisation, allowing us to provide care services to any individual.
In specific circumstances, and only with explicit consent of the person we support, Lifeways Group may contact them or their representative to capture positive stories and images for the purposes of newsletters, case studies and similar marketing material. This will not be used without your explicit consent.
Where we obtained your information
Lifeways Group will obtain information directly from you as well as through third parties such as family members, appointees, TUPE service, commissioners, General Practitioners (GP’s) and doctors.
This information may be collected in person, through our website, the telephone or by email.
Sensitive Data Types
We may process sensitive personal information for people we support including health details, ethnic and racial origin and religious beliefs. This processing is necessary for:
- providing medicine and medical diagnosis;
- assessing the capacity of the service users;
- the provision and management of social care and support; and
- care of the individual based on a holistic personal centred provision of support.
No personal or sensitive service user data will be used in automated profiling or decision-making.
What we do with your information
We collect and use the personal information listed above to provide a service to people we support which promotes their health, wellbeing and independence. Each person will have an agreed, individualised care and support package and as such the information will be used according to the requirements of the person’s agreed support plans.
Who we share the information with
Your information may be passed on to Lifeways support staff and third parties with a need to know basis, but that is not for any purposes other than those mentioned above.
Categories of third parties are as follows:
- Lifeways Area Manager;
- Lifeways Quality Team;
- Multi-agency professionals; such as, GP’s. Doctors, Hospitals, Social Workers, Health Care Professionals
- Regulatory Bodies:- Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate Wales, Care Inspectorate (Scotland);
- Commissioning Agencies/Contracts Monitoring Officers;
- Local Authority Safeguarding Teams;
- Police, Emergency Services or HSE as part of any investigation;
Transfer outside of the EEA
Your personal information will not be transferred outside of the EEA.
How long we keep your information
Lifeways Group has a legal obligation for collecting and retaining information relating to your Support agreement and support services we provide. Any personal information held by Lifeways Group about you in connection with your Support Agreement and Support Services that is no longer required will be deleted.
Lifeways Group recognise the rights of the data subject in regard to this data processing. As a data subject, you have:
- The right to access personal data held, and to portability, by requesting a copy of the information held.
- The right to rectification should any errors be noticed.
- The right to erasure, by requesting that we delete your data held at any time, should that data no longer be necessary for us to keep.
- The right to restrict processing, e.g. by asking us not to send marketing communications with you.
- The right to be informed once the erasure, rectification or restriction has been actioned.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (The Information Commissioner’s Office).
Should you wish to invoke any of your rights, or have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact:
Post: Matthew Stevens, The Lifeways Group, 56 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0AS
Tel: 0207 202 6300
You can download this policy as a PDF by clicking here.