We provide services to assist with the following:
- Personal care and support including medication management
- day-to-day tasks
- learning new skills and becoming more independent
- taking up education and employment opportunities
- becoming more involved in social activities in the local area
The Lifeways Exeter and Plymouth area office provides services in the following areas, Exeter, Plymouth, Newton Abbott, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Tiverton, Barnstable and Kingsbridge. Our Services include: Learning Disability, Autism, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injury.
Whether it’s a few hours support each week to 24/7 care and support, at the Exeter and Plymouth area office we create innovative, personalised packages of support based around each person’s needs, the budget available and their individual goals.
Creating an environment of self-directed support
At our Exeter and Plymouth office our person-centred approach places individuals at the centre of a local network of expert support which can include their family, carers, care managers and health and social care organisations and professionals.
Enabling every person to reach their full potential
We assist people with a range of needs to live independently and safely in their own home – supporting them to access the social, leisure, education, training, voluntary work and employment opportunities and activities open to all members of the community.
At the Exeter and Plymouth area office we also provide:
• support for the family or carers of the person with a learning disability
• making important decisions, and ensuring that other people understand what you need
• accessing health services
• support and encouragement to stay healthy
• emotional support
• looking after the person with a learning disability we can offer respite in your own home
• advice on different types of learning disabilities, and on managing any challenging behaviour which the person with a learning disability might display
• What level of support a person needs will vary, we can offer a package that suits you.
• Our packages of care and support can vary dependent on your needs. Our support staff are available for short calls as well as 24 hour support, 7 days a week.
We encourage the people we support at the Exeter and Plymouth area office, to live a full and engaged life, to reach their goals and be active members of the local community. Our team are very experienced, they work in close association with social workers and a clinical team, and we collectively work to ensure we meet the needs of each individual through a range of activities.
At our Exeter and Plymouth office we offer the highest standards of support through a commitment to person-centred planning, attention to detail, engaged staff teams and most importantly a passion for enabling the people we support to achieve their goals and self-direct their support as much as they can.
Positive behaviour and active support underpin everything we do. We understand that each individual is a unique human being and not just a set of risks and challenges. We also recognise that families are the experts, so we work closely with families to create care pathways that empower the people we support to achieve their ambitions, acquire new skills, forge genuine community links and to live fulfilling lives.
The Exeter and Plymouth office is an ideal stepping stone for young adults in transition from college or children’s services or individuals leaving hospital settings and can provide a pathway to the person having their own local supported living tenancy.
Enquiries & referrals
Contact detailsManager: Daniel Welch
Tel: 01392 829888
Where to find usUnit 5a, Cranmere Court
Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park