- 7 bedrooms on the ground floor
- A very large inviting communal lounge, large kitchen and separate dining area.
- A number of bathrooms on the ground and upper floors
- Large accessible rear garden, with a small garden, large parking area and safety gates to the front of the property.
- 2 further bedrooms on the upper floor, with an office and staff room/kitchen and store room.
Lightwood Road is a residential service which provides care and support to 7 people with a Learning Disability, who also have, severe physical disabilities, Alzheimer’s, Autism, diabetes and other associated complex needs.
Our philosophy is to place the people who we support at the centre of all we do. We do this by working in partnership with the people we support, their families, outside professionals, commissioners, CQC and any significant others.
About Lightwood road:
It is a large Victorian building that has been extended over the years. The home is staffed 24/7 and has at present care hours of 777. Which comprises of a Registered Manager, Team Leader, day time/evening support workers and waking night support workers.
216 is situated just outside the local town of Longton and is set back from the main road. It has local pubs, shops, local train station and a very good bus service to all neighbouring towns in the city.
Life at 216 Lightwood Road:
Lifeways are dedicated to offering a caring environment that works towards the People WE Support goals and needs in a very person centred way. The People WE Support are actively encouraged to be as independent as possible in their daily lives and choice is at the forefront of our care provision.
- 24hr care and support
- Full support in house and in the community on a 1-1 and 2-1 basis
- Safe minimum numbers of staff ratios of 5 during am and 4 during pm shifts (these do increase to 6 and sometimes 7 dependant on daily, weekly need of the service and 2 waking nights
- Support to all appointments, activities, holidays etc
- Full staff training: dementia, dysphagia, moving and handling, food hygiene, health and safety, medication administration, fire safety etc
- People WE Support led rota
- A robust approach to quality and auditing of systems
- Value the People WE Support
- Promote positive risk taking and independence in people’s lives
- Duty of Candour to be open and transparent to all whom visit/inspect/commission the service at 216
- Ensure that each Person WE Support is treated as an individual, thus showing dignity and respect and a very person centred way of working
- To work in partnership with others
Enquiries & referrals
Contact detailsManager: Julie Hawley
Tel: 01782 331326
Where to find us216 Lightwood Road